Friends of CSIRO is hosting a public forum in the lead up to the Federal Election.
CSIRO has lost around 1300 jobs since the 2014 budget and over $100m was cut in that budget. Now it’s planned that more than 270 scientists working on critical issues like climate change, land, water, agriculture, cities and manufacturing are to be sacked.
These people with their vast knowledge and experience cannot easily be replaced. The government has the power to restore the funding and to stop the cuts.
- Professor Penny Sackett (former Australian Chief Scientist)
- Dr Sam Popovski (CSIRO Staff Association TBC)
- Ngaire Sidhu (Australian Youth Climate Coalition)
- Dr Mike Kelly (Australian Labor Party)
- Dr Peter Hendy (Liberal Party – TBC)
- Tamara Ryan (Australian Greens)
57-73 Yass Rd
Queanbeyan, NSW 2620
Google map and directions