The 2014 Federal Budget proved how far the Abbott Government will go to attack our most vulnerable - and the 2015 has shown that their ability to ignore the demands of the Australian public.
In response, Australians across the country are joining campaigns to fight against this budget's harshest measures. This year we laid out the guidelines for a federal budget that we can all stand behind, the 2015 Budget falls very short of these principles. What we said we'd fight for was a federal budget that is for the people, and looks something like this:
- Increases social services for our most vulnerable;
- Invests in all levels of education, including primary, secondary, tertiary and TAFE;
- Invests in renewable energy;
- Ensures we have a secure and dignified retirement;
- Promotes science and research;
- Provides overseas aid to those in need;
- Keeps our healthcare system affordable, accessible and high quality;
- Protects the tax-free status of community groups; and
- Promotes the creation of secure jobs, especially in Canberra;
Sign the pledge that you won't stand for any more unfair budget's that hurt out most vulnerable and benefit the wealthy.
We all need to work together to keep this Government honest and make sure the budget is just and fair. Sign and share this pledge, and join hundreds of others in the Canberra region taking a stand for the fair go.